Island Village Update
A long time coming for area residents
When talking to long time Celebration residents, the idea of Island Village has been something that's been talked about for years. Some tell me "it'll never happen", based off their previous experiences. Builder/developers (and the economy) couldn't seem to get the new village off the ground. Until now.
In late 2017, Mattamy Homes purchased the land from the Walt Disney Company (Reedy Creed dev) for $15M, and has been moving forward with the development plans to see Island Village.
Here's the current overview as Celebration sits today.
Here's the proposed site plan for Island Village
Here's what we know so far:
- There will be approximately 1300 homes, townhomes, and apartments, built over 4 phases
- There will be a large range in home styles and price ranges. Mattamy has said they won't be handling the multi-family or the luxury homes. The correct partnerships are currently being sought out.
- There's a planned ancillary downtown area. Mattamy hopes to tie into the success of Celebration's current downtown, while learning from past mistakes along the way.
- Homesites will begin selling mid-late 2019.
- There will be a new k-5 school built in the new village.
The video below shows a birdseye view of how the road will be connected from Celebration Blvd into the new Island Village area.
If you've considered purchasing a new home in Celebration, or would like to be kept up to date on changes in the community, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!